For an instant quote, use the form to enter your dates and number of guests.
- $125 cleaning fee
- Dog fee of $35/night per dog
- $75 management fee
Little Yellow Cottage is one of the best Door County rentals located in the absolute heart of Downtown Fish Creek, Wisconsin. Featuring 2 cozy bedrooms, living room, full kitchen, 3 Roku-TV’s, high speed internet, whirlpool tub/shower. Enjoy “The Adventure Shed” with 4 kayaks, 6 bikes, & other outdoor games to enjoy! Located just steps from Peninsula State Park, sandy Fish Creek public beach, & the best local restaurants. Kids & Pet Friendly. Bike, Hike, Swim, Kayak, Fish, Farmers Markets, Dine, Shop!
“Little Yellow Cottage” in Downtown Fish Creek has EXCELLENT INTERNET if you need to work from home or the kids have virtual learning. Perfect place to go for a vacation, getaway, or change your work-from-home scenery! You will not be disappointed with your decision to book The Yellow Cottage. Location in the HEART of Downtown Fish Creek.
This is where we keep all of the FUN! There is a little shed on the backside of the cottage that has items for your family and friends to have adventures together. Including washer board games, bags sets, fire pit and 6 patio chairs, extra coolers, footballs, frisbees, disc golf, gas grill, plus 6 fishing poles and light tackle to use! “The Adventure Shed” as something no one else in Door County offers! These items are not shared and are ONLY for “The Yellow Cottage” guests. We also have KAYAKS and BIKES off location for your enjoyment.
Kayaks and Bikes
All kayaks (4) and bikes (4) are stored .8 miles down the road in a secure storage unit. We have 4 regular sit in kayaks. You will receive directions to the location upon arrival. You are able to park one vehicle at the storage facility if you want to bike directly from there and easily bike right into Peninsula State Park or Downtown Fish Creek.
Unfortunately, there is just no room to keep the bikes and kayaks on-site and it is against the town and association rules to keep them outside overnight. So, make sure they are returned at night, or you can keep them inside the unit if you want.
The swimming pool is a heated in-ground pool and is fenced-in with multiple patio chairs to utilize. It is a SHARED pool with 8 other cottages in our subdivision. But not open to the public. The pool is open from June to September. Please make sure children are supervised, abide by the pool hours, and no glass or food in the fenced area. It is cleaned and sanitized twice a day to prevent germs and any COVID issues.
Relax around the firepit with 6 patio chairs. “The Yellow Cottage” has a 100 acre woods behind our property so it is in the heart of Door County but you still have privacy. We have a propane grill to enjoy grilling while chatting with family and friends around the firepit.
- We have 2 cozy bedrooms and a sleeper sofa. We do not recommend booking for 6 adults as the space is small! Max of 4 adults is recommended. A combination of any amount of adults less than 4 plus children is fabulous!
- #1 is with a queen bed and a 32 inch Roku TV. With a dresser and a window to the secluded woods.
- #2 is with a queen bed and a 32 inch Roku TV. With a dresser and does have the whirlpool shower/tub.
- There is also a large pack-n-play in the closet for babies to sleep in. Then in the living room there is a nice full SOFA SLEEPER that folds down. The rooms are both fitted with a dark-out curtain for those that want their sleep! We provide lines, quilts, pillows for each of the beds. We also provide at least one towel for each guest.
Dogs can be allowed with prior approval and at $30 a day per dog (max of 2!) Absolutely no cats because we have allergic family members. If you bring a dog:
- Please do not allow them on the furniture if you can help it.
- Accidents happen but please disinfect immediately and clean completely.
- Clean up after your dog on the outside yard and toss in the garbage.
- We ask that if your dog does bark a lot to not bring them. So we can be respectful to our neighbors trying to enjoy their cottages.
- If your pet does damage something please let us know.
- If your dog has a history of peeing inside please do not bring them.
- If your dog has a history of biting they are not allowed on the property whatsoever, and we do not take any liability for issues.
- Due to subdivision and town rules, dogs are not permitted outside the unit unattended or unleashed. Make sure dogs are crated inside the cottage when you are gone.
We will have a dog water/food dishes, dog leashes, one dog bed, and outdoor run cable/stake. One small dog crate and one big crate.
Cleaning and Maintenance
We have a professional cleaning service and property management service that assists us with the day to day. We do understand the severity of COVID-19 and have increased the cleaning standards with time longer time between guest stays, more sanitation, and higher standards.
Utensil Sanitizing Disclosure
“Food and beverage utensils have been provided in this unit as a guest convenience. They have not been sanitized. It is recommended that you wash with a detergent, rinse with clean water and sanitize utensils before their use. To sanitize, after rinsing, add 1 teaspoon of unscented bleach per gallon of clean water and immerse utensils for a minimum of 30 seconds, then air dry.” The sanitizer is located under the kitchen sink.
If you make a mess, please clean up after yourself. We do have a vacuum, mop, and sanitizer available. You are responsible to put your towels in the baskets in the laundry room, wash and put your dishes away, and your garbage bins into garbage bags (we provided the bags) then place outside in the garbage cans. Yes, you do pay for a cleaning fee but that is to change out and clean bedding and towels, sanitize, vacuum/wash/clean and tidy up between guest stays. They only have a few hours to do that between guest stays so please try and leave the place orderly.
There will be no refunds issued of any kind.
Great stay in Door County. Lots of beautiful hikes nearby with gorgeous views, like the cottage has as well! Cute and rustic cabin, with lots of charm for the adventurous!
– Bridget L
Easy access to everything Fish Creek and Door County has to offer including hiking, biking, golf, water sports, shopping, & festivals.
- Located across the street from the entrance to Peninsula State Park!
- 2 minutes to Fish Creek Public Beach – 9462 Hwy 42, Fish Creek, WI
- 3 minutes to Lautenbach’s Winery – 9197 WI-42, Fish Creek, WI
- 3 minutes to Fish Creek Scenic Boat Tours – 9448 Spruce St, Fish Creek, WI
- 6 minutes to Peninsula State Park Golf Course – 9890 Shore Rd, Ephraim, WI
Winter Activities Nearby
- Amazing ice fishing all along the bay side and Peninsula State Park.
- Teresa K. Highlander Community Ice Rink
- Tons of hiking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing trails at Peninsula State Park
- FREE sledding at 17th hole of Peninsula State Park golf course (9462 Shore Rd, Fish Creek, WI 54212)